Among INTRAMA's main priorities are continuous self-improvement and guarantees of a constant high-quality packaging production.
To control the quality of its products and carry out a regular development work, the company has invested in its laboratory for analysis of flexible packaging. The laboratory has been equipped with a high-end technology and specialized software, which allows a detailed research into the packaging material.
Thanks to its laboratory INTRAMA:
- Exerts control and monitoring overproduction through daily tests and analyses.
- Analyses and further develops the company activities in the field of flexible packaging. Information on how each new polymer influences the characteristics and the properties of the multi-layer film is being extracted, analyzed and archived. New recipes ensuring a better quality and optimization of the production process are developed.
Some of the analyses made at the laboratory of INTRAMA are:
- A precise measurement of the film thickness and a mathematical calculation of the standard deviation of the film thickness (sigma – σ).
The values measured are noted in the film technical specifications. Thus, INTRAMA guarantees a full compliance between the actual film condition and the one that has been noted in its technical documentation.
- A measurement of the static and dynamic friction coefficient.
The analysis is made through a standard ASTM D 1894 -14. It gives INTRAMA a great advantage of the control over the friction coefficient to the individual needs of every customer. The various packaging technologies, as well as the different materials in a direct contact, have diverse requirements for this coefficient. In some cases it is necessary the film has a high friction coefficient to avoid its slippage, in others – just the opposite effect and low coefficient values are needed. Different surfaces are analyzed at the INTRAMA laboratory, such as PE to metal; PE to PE; PА to PE; PA to PA and others. The friction coefficient is a key indicator in the production of films for packaging on flow-pack machines because of the high speed of the packaging process. The film for flow-pack should easily slip in touch with a metal or some other material, i.e. should have a low friction coefficient, so that a trouble-free high-quality packaging is achieved.
- Analysis of the structure and the distribution of the polymers in the multilayer films.
A combined method for analysis is applied. It includes the usage of a histological microtome and polarizing microscope + specialized software. INTRAMA controls and ensures the distribution of polymers to pre-developed recipes through this analysis. Thus, the quality and the necessary properties of the film supplied are steady.
A preliminary preparation of the sample is needed for a better analysis. The thickness of the sample analyzed should not exceed 10µm. Only then the light polarized gives a maximum clarity and quality picture. This analysis is an important part of the INTRAMA “toolbox”, through which different suppliers’ packaging is examined. This way, the company is fully aware of the latest trends in the industry and the structure of packaging materials on the market.
- Analysis of the physical-mechanical properties of the multilayer films.
This is an analysis for defining the strength, the film stretchability and the rupture point. The results are noted in the technical documentation.
As a result of the everyday researches, analyses and tests, INTRAMA supplies consistent high-quality films in full compliance with the indicators noted in the technical documentation. This way, every producer, who uses INTRAMA films for packaging, can be sure his product has been protected at the maximum and packed in accordance with all national and European laws.